Sunday 11 May 2008

Read a lot

I've been reading again, this time about the balance of power in the world today, and there isn't really much anyway, just the same power games of interests. Not much has changed, but then again, everything has changed in the world, and it's fun to be caught up in how everything is moving but then again, you withdraw from it and realise that you've learnt nothing new, just the same old things re-manifested and resurfacing in our present day.

The thing that strikes me most is that there are so many gaps to be filled in terms of perspectives and worldviews, and despite the plethora of current affairs and political writers, there is such a dearth of writing that links climate change to the changing political dynamics of the world. And there isn't anything at the intersection of emerging technologies and politics too.

I think this is where I might find a niche for myself in this information ecology, of thinkers and writers. And I'm going to try out these concepts in USP. If it doesn't work, I'll just stick to concocting chemicals.

Hah.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: