Wednesday 3 December 2008

i'm a... NOKIA... fan

This might be surprising, given that I have an iPod Touch and I have a MacBook...

The reason why I'm a slight fan of Nokia is because of its vision of mobile computing that it has, in reimagining how mobile devices might be like in the future. That said, I am also interested in how Apple might be having implementing its future designs. I am also, looking forward to the MacTouch or MacBook Touch sometime in the future.

I'm not really a brand fan - I'm just interested in how these companies are pushing the frontiers of consumer technology and the evolution of user interface, and of course, how technology will integrate with everyday life and reimagining the possibilities of computing.

I'm really wondering, if we already have the capabilities of supercomputers of a few decades back... oh yeah. i live in the information age... what that means...? we are still figuring out the consequences of all of these, i suppose. it took a almost a century to realise that the industrial revolution had consequences for the environment. How long will it take for us to realise the consequences of living in an information age? hmm...

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm on a "respond to your thoughts" bend. lol. Hope you don't mind (I'm also writing to get ready to blog more).

As for your point of having the power of decades-old supercomputers; you already got one sitting in front of you! That's the power of Moore's Law.

The reason why yo probably never considered this is because you probably never do anything that the computer scientists of ages past would want to do!

As for realising the consequences of living in an information age; we already have a pretty good grip on it! I suppose you're familiar with information age problems like "reply-all" or sending SMSes to the wrong person. :P

As with most things, this "realisation" is not some point to be reached; rather, it's a process of wild discovery - one that we should temper with wizened caution.

To borrow from Huxley, it's a brave new world we live in; start living in it!